From: Nicolas CHARVIN (Nicolas.Charvin_at_univ-savoie.fr)
Date: Mon Mar 14 2005 - 04:41:04 CST

Hello

I have just written a plugin to read files from GMQ, our own MD software.
This plugin is largely based on xyzplugin.c

Under Linux, I have no problem compiling it: "gcc -shared gmqplugin.c", and
it works very well. But I cannot compile it for Windows, using Borland free
commandline tools bcc 5.5.

Looking in makefiles, it looks like VMD windows developpers are using
microsoft Visual C++.

I try to translate theses makefiles under BCC, using:
bcc32 -WD -DWIN32 gmqplugin.c

(-WD : Generate a .DLL executable ; -DWIN32 : define WIN32 )

it ouputs a gmqplugin.dll, that I rename to gmqplugin.so, and place under
the plugins\WIN32\molfile folder.

But, when I start VMD, the console says: "Didn't find the register
function; no plugins loaded".

Does anybody who have already written plugins using Borland tools can help
me? Maybe Microsoft Tools are mandatory, but I am a little reluctent to
install all this stuff.

Thanks in advance.

Nicolas

--
Nicolas.Charvin_at_univ-savoie.fr
LMOPS - Lab. Matériaux Organiques à Propriétés Spécifiques