From: Jyh-Shyong Ho (c00jsh00_at_nchc.org.tw)
Date: Mon Mar 07 2005 - 23:26:25 CST

Hi,

Has anyone successfully set up a Linux/PC system with a force-feedback
joystick
device and run VMD/NAMD/IMD? We have a Logitech WingMan Force 3D joystick,
a PC running SuSE 9.2 and a server running SuSE 9.1, we downloaded VRPN and
tried to install it, we have not figured out how to modify those
configuration
file yet.

Basically, we are interested in setting up such an environment:

A Linux/WindowsXP client (with the joystick device connected) initiate a
NAMD job on a remote Linux server via the VMD interface, and use the
joysticj
to interactive with the MD simulation running on the remote Linux server.

Any suggestion is appreciated.

Jyh-Shyong Ho, Ph.D.
Research Scientist
National Center for High Performance Computing
Hsinchu, Taiwan, ROC