From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 23 2005 - 15:38:34 CST

Ara,
  The current LAMMPS reader only reads the LAMMPS trajectory files, and
so it is ignoring the atom type fields. You'd need to load a PDB or
some other file in conjunction with the trajectory anyway, and so you
should already be able to do this. What file format are you using to load
the structure into VMD?

  John