From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Feb 17 2005 - 16:13:26 CST

Luis,
  VMD doesn't know anything about your Intersense tracker at all.
Since you specified "cavetracker" and "cavebuttons", it is merely
using the integer tracker index to ask the CAVE library to get
coordinates etc, it doesn't have any knowledge of which tracker is
what other than their index. As such, the only valid configuration
in a cave would be something like this:

# Configuration for the NCSA CAVE trackers
device cavetracker cavetracker://local/cave
scale 1.0
offset 0.9 -4.0 -1.0
device cavebuttons cavebuttons://local/cave:0,1,2,3

# if you have more than one CAVE wand, display 2nd one as a pointer..
device cavetracker2 cavetracker://local/cave:1
scale 1.0
offset 0.9 -4.0 -1.0

I assume you've run other CAVE apps successfully on this system?
Perhaps the coordinate system transforms in your .caverc file are
different than what NCSA likes to use?