From: Peter Freddolino (petefred_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Sat Feb 12 2005 - 13:23:01 CST

Dear Matteo,

unless the identities of every single amino acid in each helix are
identical, you're still going to have a different number of atoms in
each selection. If that's the case, you should be able to just add the
alpha or backbone keyword to your selection, so that you're only doing
alpha carbons or backbone. This should have the same number of atoms
regardless of identity. So if you do

set sel1 [atomselect 0 "alpha and resid 1 to 25"]

set sel2 [atomselect 1 "alpha and resid 824 to 878"]

It should work right.

Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Peter