From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Feb 02 2005 - 10:08:07 CST

Hi,
  VMD doesn't keep any internal list of dihedrals, it calculates them
on-the-fly as-needed, but doesn't store them otherwise. Thus, the only time
they exist is when you use label commands to measure them, and as you know,
VMD will let you measure anything you want, so really VMD is only providing
the means to evaluate arbitrary angles/dihedrals, not a specific indexed set.