From: Bogdan Costescu (Bogdan.Costescu_at_IWR.Uni-Heidelberg.De)
Date: Fri Jan 14 2005 - 04:51:45 CST

On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, Thomas Hedegaard Pedersen wrote:

> Can anyone recommend one over the other of these solutions (or other
> solutions if they are better) for the dual monitor setup????????

I don't have experience with a dual monitor setup...

> Concerning graphics cards, my impression of the postings is that one
> should go for an NVIDIA card...especially a Geforce 6 series card e.g.
> 6800GT (PCI-Express or AGP???)

... but I can tell you that the GeForce series cards don't provide the
3-pin VESA connector that is used to drive the stereo equipment. There
are possibilities to extract synchronization signal from the normal
video signal, but I found at least StereoGraphics's solution
(StereoEnabler) less reliable than the real thing; furthermore, the
drivers do not enable any stereo capabilities for non-Quadro cards.

--
Bogdan Costescu
Telephone: +49 6221 54 8869, Telefax: +49 6221 54 8868