From: VISWANADHA SRIDHARA (vsrid001_at_odu.edu)
Date: Wed Jan 05 2005 - 16:08:28 CST

Hi all,

Since I am new to VMD, all I was bothered about is to get the mol ID's of
the molecules which are complete in the system,i.e., if part of the
molecule is outside, I want to ignore that molecule(in other words, remove
even the atoms of that molecule which are in the system) in the output pdb
file.

With EN's idea, it actually worked.
"resname SOL and (not same resid as (not within 20.0 of <center> ))".
All other suggestions are appreciated too!

Thanks for the help!
VS.

Hi all,

Just a thought... this is also totally untested, but I think the required
logic statement for what VS wants to do might be just:

"resname SOL and (not same resid as (not within 20.0 of <center> ))"

Axel's version should also work, methinks... testing might show that one of
these syntaxes is faster than the other (which could definitely be
important, for a large system, if you're evaluating the selection command
repeatedly).

-Erik

C. Erik Nordgren, Ph.D.
Department of Chemistry