From: nordgren_at_sas.upenn.edu
Date: Tue Jan 04 2005 - 23:02:30 CST

Hi all,

Just a thought... this is also totally untested, but I think the required
logic statement for what VS wants to do might be just:

"resname SOL and (not same resid as (not within 20.0 of <center> ))"

Axel's version should also work, methinks... testing might show that one of
these syntaxes is faster than the other (which could definitely be
important, for a large system, if you're evaluating the selection command
repeatedly).

-Erik

C. Erik Nordgren, Ph.D.
Department of Chemistry