From: Luis Rosales (ludwig_at_biomedicas.unam.mx)
Date: Tue Nov 30 2004 - 19:10:11 CST

Hi:

I just ran vmd 1.8.3.31 with the new variable and it ran without any
problems!!!
Just for the list, in case that anyone is interested, the new varible is
defined as:

if ($?VMDMSMSUSEFILE == "0") then
  setenv VMDMSMSUSEFILE on
endif

As for the debugger, I ran GNU debbuger as you tellme and the output for it
is:

Arioco_at_ruiz2 12% gdb msms.i86Linux2.2.5.5

(gdb) run -socketPort 1357
Starting program: /home/arioco/bin/MSMS/msms.i86Linux2.2.5.5 -socketPort
1357

0x00000000 in ?? ()

(gdb) where
#0 0x00000000 in ?? ()
#1 0x007c9e98 in ?? ()
#2 0x00868180 in ?? ()
#3 0x00b27dce in ?? ()
#4 0x006d66be in ?? ()
#5 0xfeffec60 in ?? ()
#6 0x080a60ae in _dl_lookup_versioned_symbol ()
#7 0x00730ea8 in ?? ()
#8 0x00000000 in ?? ()

However, ldd reposrts the executable as "not a dynamic executable".

I will send the problem report the msms team (I assume thatīs Michael
Sanner) right now.

Thanks,

Luis