From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Fri Nov 12 2004 - 10:36:00 CST

Julie,
  There's really no limit for trajectory size in VMD other than
available memory and maximum 32-bit file size on some platforms.

What file format is your trajectory written in?

If the trajectory read terminates early, this normally indicates
one of the following possibilities:
  - you're loading a very large trajectory (>= 2G) on a 32-bit
    operating system, and the version of the trajectory reader plugin
    you're using doesn't have the special code for dealing with
    large-files. All of the current trajectory reader plugins
    should be able to cope with > 2GB files on most 32-bit machines.

  - the trajectory file may be corrupt (can occur when files are
    copied over a network, and on some buggy supercomputers...)

What message does VMD print when the trajectory stops loading?