From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 03 2004 - 10:02:40 CST

Hi,
  It sounds like you either don't have your 'make' utility in your
command search path, or that it's not installed on your computer for
some reason. If there's no /usr/bin/make utility on your machine,
it sounds like you may need to install some missing packages in order to
get it. I'm surprised you haven't run into this problem with other packages
on linux already.