From: Peter Bazeley (peter.bazeley_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Oct 29 2004 - 04:48:11 CDT

Hi

I just subscribed, so not sure if this email will make it through.

I have a couple questions:

1. Is there a way I can set the drawing method from a script, say, to Tube?

2. Second, I'm having trouble controling the colors in my script.
Here's my code:

#Name: colorfixed.tcl
#Purpose: color fixed CA atoms according to cutoff angstrom range
#Usage: colorfixed
#

proc colorfixed {} {

   foreach pdb [lsort [glob *.pdb]] {

        mol load pdb $pdb

        set sel [atomselect top "all"]
        set ca_2 [atomselect top "<181 residues>"]
        set ca_15 [atomselect top "resid 9 or resid 47 or ...<115 residues>"]

        $sel set beta 9 #set to white
        $ca_2 set beta 8 #set to green
        $ca_15 set beta 2 #set to red

   }
   mol modcolor 0 0 "Beta"
   mol modcolor 1 0 "Beta"
   mol modcolor 2 0 "Beta"
}

#run the program
colorfixed

#END

I'd basically like to color the two atom selections green and red, and
the rest of the molecule white, but at the moment I get the one of my
selections in red and the rest of the molecule blue.

Any tips?

Thanks.

Peter Bazeley