From: hinsen_at_llb.saclay.cea.fr
Date: Wed Oct 27 2004 - 11:43:43 CDT

On Oct 27, 2004, at 14:59, Gustavo Mercier wrote:

> Once again I commend the developers of VMD, and I encourage them to
> keep up with the good work. I also use MMTK (another terrific
> software) and would love to see more integration of MMTK with VMD or
> Pymol. For example, the visualization of vector fields would be a plus
> for my work.

That actually works fine with VMD 1.6. With later VMD versions there is
the color problem that was discussed recently here. I have almost all
that is needed for vector fields in PyMOL as well, I just need to write
the code that creates the low-level OpenGL objects to represent cones
(for the arrow tips). That is the kind of boring task that I am not
likely to do unless I have nothing more interesting to do - so it might
take a while. If you are happy with just cylinders instead of arrows,
it works right now.

Konrad.

Konrad Hinsen
Laboratoire Léon Brillouin, CEA Saclay,