From: Cheri M Turman (Cheri.M.Turman_at_uth.tmc.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 12:21:29 CDT

Hi John,
I think the rpm you suggested works fine now but I have a new problem.
  When I execute vmd, it appears as if the startup window is opening but
it just flashes and then disappears. Do you think this leads back to
the libs again or is this something else? If you have no suggestions, I
may try wiping RH WS3 and going back to debian or xandros since these
are the OS I am use to running VMD and NAMD on. This is the first time
of many that I have had so much trouble installing VMD. It is normally
simple and since I am having issues installing other programs on RH WS3,
I am thinking RH WS3 is not worth the trouble!
Cheers,
Cheri

   Cheri M. Turman
   Graduate Student
   University of Texas-Houston Medical School
    6431 Fannin
    Houston, TX 77030 USA

    e-mail: cheri.m.turman_at_uth.tmc.edu
    Ph.: 713-500-6126