From: Marc Q. Ma (qma_at_oak.njit.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 26 2004 - 11:25:56 CDT

Thanks, Jim. This confirms with my experience.

x-plor topology files are one of the outputs of HicUP which is very
popular for generating topologies for novel molecules including
ligands. Unfortunately, it does not output charmm format topology
files.

Are the NAMD/VMD group interested in providing a toolkit that
translates xplor topology to charmm topology? With such a translator,
NAMD and VMD will be more popular.

Right now, we will stick with the quick-and-dirty hand editing using a
text editor since my ligand structure is small.

Marc