From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 25 2004 - 14:33:57 CDT

Konrad,
  I think I've come up with a good method for adding 24-bit RGB coloring
that avoids the problems we had in past implementations of VMD. It should
fit into the new rendering framework pretty well, and might be clean
and simple enough to implement that I could squeeze it for VMD 1.8.3.
I'll let you know when I have a prototype implemented.

  John