From: Luis Gracia (lug2002_at_med.cornell.edu)
Date: Fri Oct 08 2004 - 12:53:03 CDT

Hi!

I think the problem is just that you are not telling the puts command to
print the rmsd. Try to store the rmsd in a variable and then use the
puts command to output it:
set rmsd1 [measure rmsd $tempall2 $tempall1]
$tempall2 move $tmat
set rmsd2 [measure rmsd $tempall2 $tempall1]
puts "$y with $x $rmsd1 $rmsd2"

In case you don't know there is a plugin (RMSDTT) that can do rmsd and
alignments on trajectories
http://physiology.med.cornell.edu/faculty/hweinstein/vmdplugins/rmsdtt/index.html

Hope this helps,

Luis