From: Luis Rosales (ludwig_at_biomedicas.unam.mx)
Date: Fri Oct 08 2004 - 21:05:30 CDT

Hi again...

Thanks for your answers, however in spite of all your help I am still unable
to resolve my problem...
I have tried using the suggestion of Axel, however I got the following
message (both in win and linux VMD 1.8.2):

extra characters after close-quote
invalid command name "setenv"
invalid command name "endif"

As far as I understand from the manual is possible to define the enviroment
varibles in the startup file (.vmdrc/vmd.rc), using the "env array"... And
the definition has to look like this:

set env VMDSCRPOS (100,10)

(I have looked on the vmdinit.tcl where variables are defined: set
env(VMDFILECHOOSER) TK )
But the console says:

wrong # args: should be "set varName ?newValue?"

I know that I must be making a very basic and dumb mistake, but considering
that I´m tcl/tk impaired, I must asak again for help... Does anyone can
provide me with a example how do you define env variables?
I'm sure (well, almost sure, he he he) that form a concrete example I should
be able customize the rest of them...

Again, thanks for all of your replies and your time.

Kind regards,

Luis