From: Deepak Singh (desingh_at_syr.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 19 1999 - 23:45:46 CDT

Hi folks,

This is my first post to this list. I have been meandering my way
through the VMD user manual (I am using VMD 1.4b1) and I have been
unable to find a way to either label or display in the text window (the
latter being preferable) the full "ID" of an atom. E.g. lets say
I have atom NZ in residue lysine in segment ID HEL1 and resid 21, the
complete ID woud be
HEL1:LYS21:NZ or something like that. I have built a protein with
multiple segments and the residues in each segment are labelled 1-n.
When I use pic atom I get something like PHE11:HB1, which does not tell
me which segment this is on.

Thanks

Deepak.