From: Massimiliano Stengel (stengel_at_dimca20.univ.trieste.it)
Date: Mon Aug 30 1999 - 06:31:33 CDT

Hi,

I have Linux RedHat 6.0, a 3Dfx Voodoo 3 3000 card and I'm trying to
recompile VMD to use the latest Glide (3D accelerated) library. I have
one problem and one question. First the problem: if I build Mesa with
linux-glide option I get only *dynamic* .so libraries, and VMD needs
static ones. The solution would be to build the statc .a libraries or to
let VMD use the dynamic ones. Any advice is highly appreciated in both
tasks. Then the question: at the time the glide lib for V3 is in alpha
stage and can only work in fullscreen. Is there any drawback in running
VMD in fullscreen mode? Is there a way to put GL display on local
machine and have the dialog windows on another computer (one meter apart
from the other). Well, to be honest I asked two questions :).

Thanks very much for your help in advance,

Max