From: Robert Milius (milius_at_bscl.msi.umn.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 22 1999 - 15:56:17 CDT

ok, i've RTFM and I still can't find it.

I'm having trouble coloring a molecule the way I want it.

In the "Color Controls" there are categories called Name and Type which
contain identical entries (ie H,O,N,C,S,P,Z). How can I enter my own
Names or Types? In fact, with regards to the "Color Controls", what's
the difference between "Name" and "Type"? It seems to me the "Name"
should be the atom names as read in the PDB file, but it doesn't appear
to be.

Using the "Coloring Method" of "ColorID", I can't seem to get Black. How can
I change this? It'll take ID numbers from 0 to 15 and black happens to
be 16.

Let's say I have a molecule with a residue that contains a chain of
C atoms, each atom named named C1, C2,..., C9 and I want the
entire chain to be gray licorice rendering, but have C5 atom black with
half bonds (not balls/spheres). How do I do this?

thanks,
bob

Robert P. Milius, Ph.D. 612-626-2771 (office)
Basic Sciences Computing Laboratory 612-625-2990 (fax)
University of Minnesota Supercomputing Institute milius_at_msi.umn.edu
for Digital Simulation and Advanced Computation