From: Tom Pollard (pollard_at_schrodinger.com)
Date: Mon Aug 10 1998 - 01:00:23 CDT

Hi,

I recently downloaded the sources for VMD 1.2b4 and tried to compile them
on my PowerPC Linux machine. The only change I made was to use dynamic
libraries rather than static (the stanard RedHat rpms for xforms, Mesa
and tcl/tk install only the dynamic versions of the libraries.)

Anyway, everything compiled and linked successfully, but vmd segfaults
immediately when I try to run it. The crash is in the xforms
initialization code. I noticed the comment in Global.C about previously
reported Xforms/Mesa conflicts and the need to initialize xforms twice,
but that has nothing to do with the current problem, apparently. I've got
xforms 0.88 and Mesa 2.1.6 and I'm using egcs-1.0.2 for the compile.

Has anyone else noticed a problem like this? Has anyone else tried to
build on LinuxPPC yet?

Thanks,

Tom

W. Thomas Pollard Schrodinger, Inc.