From: Sergei Izrailev (sergei_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 30 1998 - 18:59:15 CDT

Hello!

After a pretty long time without a release, we are happy to
announce that VMD 1.2b2 will be available next week. The main reason
why this release is still a 'beta' is that there are a few more
things we want to add before the final version 1.2 release,
which is scheduled for June 1998. VMD 1.2b2 runs on SGI, HP, Linux and
Solaris machines. Windows NT port will be part of VMD 1.3.

Please send your questions and comments regarding VMD to
vmd_at_ks.uiuc.edu.

Sincerely,

Sergei Izrailev

Theoretical Biophysics Group e-mail: sergei_at_ks.uiuc.edu
Beckman Institute tel.: (217) 244-1612
University of Illinois fax: (217) 244-6078
405 N. Mathews Ave
Urbana, IL 61801, USA http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/~sergei/