From: Mensur (mensi_at_scs.unr.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 06 1997 - 19:34:47 CDT

Dear VMD Users,

I use VMD under LINUX and am very happy with it. However, it does not make
a proper PoV file, which is a shame because PoV is one of the best
ray-tracing programs avilable. Specifically, it creates a PoV file, but
there is a variable "Inf",
widely used throughout the file, which has never been declared by "#declare
Inf = ....". When I run this file through PoV, it says that "variable Inf
is not declared", and that is true. What is the value of Inf? If Inf is
supposed to be only one value, then it would be easy to modify VMD PoV
output by hand. If there is a variable to be set within VMD that will take
care of this problem, I would appreciate any guidance. Also, if you have a
patch for LINUX that fixes this problem, I would like to know about it.

Best regards,

Mensur Dlakic
Department of Biochemistry 330
University of Nevada, Reno