From: Josh Vermaas (vermaasj_at_msu.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 25 2024 - 09:23:26 CDT

I don't think "but someone on the internet said it was ok!" will fly in
a methods section, so this is something that you'll need to figure out
and be able to defend. What I will say is as far as I know the standard
practice in CHARMM is HF or MP2, which is the FFTK default. RKS is a DFT
method, and while DFT is often useful, it is sometimes almost too
permissive of garbage inputs. If DFT isn't bailing, but the other
methods are, are you sure you have the right charge and spin
multiplicities set?

-Josh