From: Cindy Cregier (cindy.cregier_at_REMOVE_yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 11 2024 - 20:03:24 CDT

 Hi Yixin,
I'm fairly new to NAMD, but your problem sounds similar to an issue I recently had.  I see that you're using parameters created from different time frames.  You'll find that the older parameter file has different atom definitions than the newer parameter file.  Atoms can be given one name in one parameter file and another name in the other parameter file.  Sometimes even numerical values given in the parameter files change between one generation and the next!  Also, look at the date of generation.  I found one file that had the same name, but a different generation date.  The contents had changed, but they kept the name of the topology file the same!
Here's what I did.  I made sure that I used only the latest version of each topology and parameter file that's out there. I also made sure that the topology files used to create my psf and pdb files had the same definitions as the parameter files that I used for analysis.  Knowing what version of a topology file was used in the creation of your pdb and psf files helps a lot.

I recommend opening the parameter files to see what's in them. Then, open your pdb and psf files that you've made.  The definitions in your pdb and psf files should help you determine what topology files were used to create them and therefore what parameter files you need to be using so that all of your atoms are defined.  Good luck!