From: Josh Vermaas (vermaasj_at_msu.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2024 - 15:15:26 CST

Hi Jacob,

Why not just align the protein before doing the analysis? Then you could
use geometric criteria. The psuedocode would look something like this:

#Load trajectories

#Align protein to frame 0 (or whatever your favorite frame is)

#Make a selection
set sel [atomselect top "seltextgoeshere"]
#Update this selection every frame, count the number of elements.
for { set f 0 } { $f < [molinfo top get numframes] } { incr f } {
$sel frame $f
$sel update
puts "Frame $f: [$sel num]"
}