From: Vermaas, Josh (vermaasj_at_msu.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 06 2024 - 09:36:55 CST

Hi Yixin,

How did you build your psf? The lipid atomtypes should be something like CTL2 or CTL3 or something if they are in the lipid tail, not C12 or C13. Somehow your atomtype field in the psf is populated with atomnames instead, which don’t match atomtypes in the parameter file that you loaded. If you started from the membrane builder tool in VMD, it is possible that you loaded the pdb first into VMD, which sets atomtypes by default based on the atomname. Then when you did the merger, it is possible that the correct atomtypes were not transferred.

-Josh