From: Vermaas, Josh (vermaasj_at_msu.edu)
Date: Mon Feb 05 2024 - 09:25:25 CST

Hi Joel,

How did you generate your psf file? All the atom names are “X”, which is weird, but I think the real reason it is bailing is your spacing. You’ve told VMD that you have an EXT psf , so that each field has a specific width. In the EXT specification, its supposed to be 8 characters + 1 space for many fields, but the space between your resname (14C) and your atom name (N1) isn’t that wide. The most expedient thing to do is probably just to tell VMD that you have a “NAMD” formatted psf, which tells VMD to use space-delimited file reading, rather than fixed widths.

So instead of “PSF EXT” at the top, you’d want “PSF NAMD”

-Josh