From: Gumbart, JC (gumbart_at_physics.gatech.edu)
Date: Fri Jan 12 2024 - 18:13:38 CST

Thanks for sending the files. The problem is that the naming scheme in your PDB does not match your PSF. There’s no resname in it, and the atom names don’t match. You need to create a PDB at the same time you make the PSF so that everything is in agreement.

With regards to the water clashes you mentioned, that is inevitably a problem for larger molecules. I don’t recall how we solved it in this case, but it might be described in the paper you mentioned. You can try optimizing without it, although a problem that arises then is that the optimizer will dump charge on that atom because it incurs relatively little penalty.

Best,
JC