From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Wed Jan 03 2024 - 12:58:48 CST

You could use ::TopoTools::replicatemol with a 2 1 1 count to create a
double size system replicated in x (or with other counts as desired).

Alternatively, you can apply the "move by" command to one of the two
systems *before* merging.
If your original system has been created with periodic boundary conditions,
then probably the first one will be more suitable, since for the second,
you would likely need to manually adjust the box dimensions of the merged
system.

Selecting on the index property should be safe though. The index property
is guaranteed to be unique and assigned by VMD, not LAMMPS (so it is not
the atom ID).

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey_at_gmail.com  https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://goo.gl/1wk0__;!!DZ3fjg!8Psh0mFiJSH5H0uJXappLrZL0uHdRBsK8-pjYkl5gm1uzSLTwESbJlfJd-vQkhHcIXEYDbt5p_gWvS_AwQ$