From: Josh (vermaasj_at_msu.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 22 2023 - 11:20:46 CST

Hi Kevin,

I think that measure SASA might not do quite what you want, since
something like glycine is naturally going to have a smaller SASA than a
larger residue. Have you considered just selecting residues that are
close to water? If you wanted one atom per residue, a selection like:

protein and name CA and same residue as (within 3.0 of water)

Would identify residues for you with alot less fuss.

-Josh

--
Josh Vermaas
vermaasj_at_msu.edu