From: Josh (vermaasj_at_msu.edu)
Date: Mon Oct 16 2023 - 08:54:23 CDT

Hi Raman,

It might be possible with some tkcallbacks or something to check if the
file modification date changes, and then automate the usual loop of
deleting the existing coordinates with the animate command, and then
(https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/current/ug/node121.html)

In terms of the .itp or .top file, there are scripts floating around the
web to do this. Another option if you have the super bleeding edge VMD
installed from source is to use the file reader plugin for .tpr files
that was recently added to the VMD source tree, derived from what is on
github (https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://github.com/jvermaas/vmd-tprreader__;!!DZ3fjg!7lt48aYQZOsKQ9v0QsvYTsHEwTM2jeSJn8G5WGkjX3EFuQv3MZu2lJBFMqLvV0g7OCBt4s8rJ7cEEW_JDLI$ ). As it stands right
now, that functionality is in CVS, but not in any of the releases on the
download page.

-Josh

--
Josh Vermaas