From: Josh (vermaasj_at_msu.edu)
Date: Wed Aug 09 2023 - 13:49:47 CDT

Hi Nakshatra,

Did you use a wrapped trajectory? Knowing very little about the
diffusion coefficient tool, which isn't part of a standard VMD
installation, that is where I'd guess things went wrong. If you have a
simulation that is wrapped, the mean squared displacement found in the
trajectory is bounded by how big your box is, which is why you often
will unwrap your trajectory prior to calculating a diffusion coefficient.

-Josh

--
Josh Vermaas
vermaasj_at_msu.edu