From: Giacomo Fiorin (giacomo.fiorin_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Apr 11 2023 - 10:29:57 CDT

I don't know the specific reason why you need Gaussian09. However, the QM
methods used to parameterize classical force fields are supported by the
most popular QM software packages (ORCA, GAMESS, NWChem, Q-Chem, ...).
When input preppers like ffTK write the input files for you, the barrier to
using those packages is even lower.

>From what you wrote, it is unlikely that you actually *need* Gaussian. But
if that is the software package that you *prefer* to use, a Linux cluster
or workstation where it is installed might be your best bet.

Giacomo