From: Ashar Malik (asharjm_at_gmail.com)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2023 - 19:38:09 CDT

If the atoms dropped are terminal atoms they are applied as patches.

Autopsf provides this section where you can apply N and C terminal patches
of your choice. Apply the ones that the starting system has to conserve the
number of atoms.

Patch atoms are “patch” atoms to add properties to ends of the protein.
They ‘modify’ the terminal amino acid. They do not change protein length or
amino acid sequence unless your sequence analysis program has the
capability to detect a modified amino acid as different from its native
form.

Hope this helps.