From: Pär Olsson (olsson_at_tsl.uu.se)
Date: Fri Sep 24 2004 - 02:24:29 CDT

Hi all,

At the moment vmd only reads the atom names for the first frame in an
xyz-file. Is there some way to force vmd to re-read the names and plot
the atoms accordingly?
Example: I have a Monte carlo code where atoms in a lattice exchange
places and I want to animate the process.
The xyz-file will look like this (minimalistic version):

2
first frame
Fe 0.0 0.0 0.0
Cr 0.5 0.5 0.5
2
second frame
Cr 0.0 0.0 0.0
Fe 0.5 0.5 0.5

As it is now, vmd will treat this as if nothing has happened between the
frames. Solution? (...and no, I can't manually exchange the order of the
lines, not in a realistic example with 200 000 atoms in each frame...)

Cheers!
    Pär

--
Pär Olsson
Department of Neutron Research & Condensed Matter Theory Group