From: Vermaas, Josh (vermaasj_at_msu.edu)
Date: Fri Dec 30 2022 - 11:00:34 CST

Hi Camps,

I’ve had success with USAlign + some tcl scripting. https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://zhanggroup.org/US-align/__;!!DZ3fjg!_d37hhVOFFquMezJzmuuApMEvuqLXYa-XYJp5L0stm76U6gWtGCq8eIU6yMm_lYHXq3K2ww7wtm3v-MQ5D0$
In my case, I was interested in aligning some alphafold structures that multiseq didn’t recognize as being similar enough. The procedure I used is below, which would align structures in prot_X.pdb with the structure in prot_1.pdb.

proc align { dirname i } {

        exec ./USalign $dirname/prot_$i.pdb $dirname/prot_1.pdb -o $dirname/prot_$i

}

At some point, I’d really like to include USAlign into VMD proper somehow, since its super flexible, but I haven’t had a chance to do this properly.

-Josh