From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 22 2004 - 11:15:19 CDT

Amarda,
  What you've been told is inaccurate. You can use the
"draw multiple frames" feature on the Trajectory tab of the
graphical representations window to superimpose multiple trajectory
frames on top of each other simultaneously. This does not require
writing any PDB files or doing anything special other than specifying
to VMD what frame range to draw etc. Since you didn't specify what
file format these frames originate from, I don't know any details
about your structure(s), but I'm assuming from your brief query that
you're trying to visualize multiple trajectory timesteps at the same
time, which is precisely what the 'draw multiple frames' feature is for.
If you are running a version of VMD prior to VMD 1.8.2, you'll need to
get VMD 1.8.2 in order to use this feature.