From: John Stone (johns_at_ks.uiuc.edu)
Date: Mon Sep 20 2004 - 13:26:17 CDT

Hi,
  Probably the easiest way of doing this is to skip frames when
you initially load this huge trajectory, so that you're only loading
the frames that you want in your movie. This can be specified in the
file loading dialog when you load your trajectory file. (the "stride"
parameter in that dailog) You might also want to select the "load
all at once" button for speedier trajectory loading. This way,
you'll leave more RAM available for use by the movie compressors
rather than loading frames that you aren't going to render anyway.
The more RAM you have free the better the movie generation process
will run.