From: Josh Vermaas (vermaasj_at_msu.edu)
Date: Thu Aug 18 2022 - 08:29:35 CDT

Basically, it is 180-a from your figure. The angle is defined as the
angle between two vectors. In Measure.C from the VMD source, this is the
relevant code:

vec_sub(donortoH,hydrogen,coor2);
vec_sub(Htoacceptor,coor1,hydrogen);
if (angle(donortoH, Htoacceptor)  < maxangle ) {

The first command computes the vector from the hydrogen to the donor,
and stores it in donortoH. The second command computes the vector from
the acceptor to the hydrogen. The angle between those vectors ends up
being 180-a from your diagram. Since a=150.something, 29 is too strict,
since 180 -150.something > 29, but 30 works.

-Josh

--
Josh Vermaas
vermaasj_at_msu.edu