From: Satyan Sharma (stynshrm_at_gmail.com)
Date: Tue Jul 26 2022 - 04:46:49 CDT

Hello Peter,

Please look at the file "restypes.dat" (located in directory
/Applications/VMD 1.9.4a51-arm64-Rev9.app/Contents/vmd/scripts/vmd/) where
the residue types are defined. Also there is another file named
"atomselmacros.dat" that also defines residue types (from RASMOL), but I
think this gets overidden by restypes.dat. Changing restypes.dat would just
be effective.
And then the colors for each type are defined in colordefs.dat, in the same
directory.

Hope that helps.
regards,
Satyan Sharma