From: Chris Taylor (cht_at_imipolex-g.com)
Date: Sun Apr 17 2022 - 02:09:04 CDT

I'm trying to get an idea how to distribute a render across nodes if I have MPI compiled into VMD and OSPray. Is the only way to do this by using something like 'srun' to start a text-based VMD session from a TCL script and the 'render' command? If I do something like 'salloc --x11 -n3' and then 'srun vmd' I get three different instances of VMD running on three nodes- not what I want, obviously. Is there a way to run one VMD interactive session and start a parallel render across my computer cluster from the Render menu? Thanks,
Chris