From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 14 2022 - 03:02:28 CDT

Please note that recent versions of Windows include the "Windows Subsystem
for Linux" (aka WSL) which is basically a Linux virtual machine tightly
embedded into Windows.
So after installing WSL (which is an optional feature), you will have a
Linux system again (by default Ubuntu) on your Windows machine and install
Linux software there. Of course it also always possible to install a
regular virtual machine software (like VMware or VirtualBox) and run Linux
inside it.

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey_at_gmail.com  https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://goo.gl/1wk0__;!!DZ3fjg!sQb6n9UI9vKnJ_qC2zN5O6zoPlfPyvE-muLs9T1o43cz28HWEchpnpkTyQTZBqEpxA$