From: Raman Preet Singh (ramanpreetsingh_at_hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Dec 06 2021 - 12:07:40 CST

Dear All,

I am interested in calculating the distance between a set of atoms from a curved surface. There is a distance.tcl script available as well as several tutorials which either measure distance between two atoms (or a range of atoms) or COM of atoms/residues.

Is there a way that I can adapt the distance.tcl script to measure distance of atoms from a curved surface? (the surface is composed of several thousands of atoms and it doesn't really makes sense to determine distance of all atoms of the surface vs atom selection of an interacting molecule)

Any directions towards existing script(s) or modifications will be helpful.

Thanks,
Raman