From: Bruininks, B.M.H. (b.m.h.bruininks_at_rug.nl)
Date: Thu Nov 25 2021 - 03:25:12 CST

Dear VMDers,

It has been a while since I last compiled VMD from source and the manual I
used last time seems to be rather outdated. Is there any documentation and
or shared documents which at least contains all the libraries/dependencies,
so you only need to compile them and set the pointers? I would like to make
a local compile for VMD including the python and numpy functionality. We
have been trying to compile the new version ourselves but after a few weeks
of failure we think it is time to ask for some help. We are running Ubuntu
and have GeForce 2080 GPUs.

Again, we are used to compiling, we are just having issues with obtaining
all dependencies and getting the gopython working with python 3.x

Cheers,

Bart