From: Chapman, John O. (jochapman_at_caltech.edu)
Date: Wed Nov 10 2021 - 16:25:23 CST

Hi VMD list,

I am very new to MD simulation and cloud computing. I have encountered a few issues when setting up an AWS EC2 instance.

  1. It seems that VMD and NAMD are no longer supported on AWS? When I go to AWS marketplace (https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://aws.amazon.com/marketplace/pp/prodview-igrazug3aibry__;!!DZ3fjg!vi5gNBU9n1iLVvK_U4AElU4ZOvrJsjd1orsn46ILD89k050G63DSqPICPZPa3ey2Eg$ ) I see the following: "This version has been removed and is no longer available to new customers". Is there a step here that I am missing?
  2. When I search the AMI lookup for the VMD & NAMD AMI (ami-064edc9149f8430c8) when creating a new EC2 instance, this search turns up empty.

Does anyone know if there is a workaround for this/am i missing something or will I have to completely setup a new AMI?

Thank you for any help!

All the best,
John

  1.