From: Axel Kohlmeyer (akohlmey_at_gmail.com)
Date: Sat Nov 06 2021 - 11:41:25 CDT

You should try running VMD under a debugger (just add the -debug flag) to
obtain a stack trace when it is crashing. That will provide valuable
information about what is failing where.

An important point would be to know whether you are using text mode
(-dispdev text) or try to launch in graphical mode (the default).

--
Dr. Axel Kohlmeyer  akohlmey_at_gmail.com  https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://goo.gl/1wk0__;!!DZ3fjg!rofK1R42x305LgcJSDjlf0oxd590EM3Fd0uxRg0lVnFZp7y1-zY05JYu0oYXqrjUbQ$