From: Chris Taylor (christay_at_usc.edu)
Date: Tue Oct 05 2021 - 22:10:14 CDT

Hello, I ran across this old mailing list post:
https://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/mailing_list/vmd-l/8118.html

It mentions using a plugin http://www.ks.uiuc.edu/Research/vmd/script_library/scripts/mergemultiframepdb/ that doesn't seem to be part of the distribution any more. The post describes something I'd like to do, for instance downloading the 5IRE "Biological Assembly 1" file from the RCSB.org protein databank and using the plugin to create a new structure with frames of trajectory 0-59 represented. Then, in VMD I could manipulate the icosahedral assembly as one structure. Is there an up to date way to do this? I was able to download an old version of the plugin from somewhere but I got lots of errors when I ran it. Thanks,
Chris